Pages

Friday, May 1, 2020

The Story of Nancy Wake


I am going to be talking about Nancy Wake a New Zealander and what she did
Nancy Wake was a spy, when she was 16 years old she travelled all by her self to Australia to England and convinced a newspaper to hire her. When second world war broke out, she joined the french resistance and fought the Nazis. The Nazis put her on the most wanted list and called her the white mouse (because she was in impossible to catch)
Nancy Wake – Bravery, Bullets and Bouillabaisse – davidlattaNancy was great soldier,and when her unit suffered a surprise attack by the Germans she had to take lead (all the other leader had been killed) so she organized a retreat with compete coolness.
When the war ended France was finally liberated, Nancy was awarded the George medal by British. The French gave her 3 medals. They later knight of the legion of Honor ( Their highest award .) Americans awarded her the medal of freedom.
Birth date: August 30 1912 (she past away in:August 7 2011)
Born in: New Zealand

Now who is your hero please tell me in the comments

11 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    My hero is probably Sophia Carson A.K.A Evie from Desendants!
    Do you like Nancy Wake as much as you like a actor?

    Amelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for responding
      and no sorry but Sophia is a good actor

      Delete
    2. GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

      Delete
  2. Wow Emily, what a fantastic blog. I had never heard of Nancy Wake. What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing. One of my hero’s is Chuck Yeager. You should check out his story. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Emily this is amazing. I learnt so much just from reading your work. Nikola Tesla is someone I have always been interested in. You should check him out. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I thought you did a great job researching and summarising Nancy Wake’s story. I had heard about her before, and I knew she was called ‘The White Mouse’, but I didn’t know why. Now, thanks to your good work, I know why. My hero is also from the WWII era - Douglas Bader. He was a pilot who lost both legs in a crash but kept on flying For many years. His is a very inspirational story. Keep up the great work and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a coo book report Ems. I learnt so much about her. How did you originally come across her? Someone who I admire and I think is a hero is Malala Yousafzai. Have you hear about her? She stood up to the Taliban and was shot by them when she was heading to school - she survived and has continued to fight for the rights of females in her home country. Bex

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily,
    your work is so so so so good

    your friend Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kia ora Emily
    Thanks for sharing about this amazing strong, brave pioneer. How cool to think we had a New Zealand female spy! I really enjoyed reading this. I've always been really inspired with Mother Theresa! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post